Thursday, May 21, 2009

Soloing Vanilla WoW raids

I originally thought about this a while back : Druids/Paladins/Dks can solo a ton of junk, so what can priests solo?

I was searching around Shadowpriest.com ( I don't like the site that much but meh) and found a Post about soloing Onyxia, and it grabbed my attention, all these Shadow Priests who were more geared than I was saying that they needed mp5 buffs/tons of pots to complete this, First week I was short of money and was disc from PvPing, so I decided to try her as disc in my Shadow PvE gear. All I did was keep shield up and wand, I downed her in 27 minutes and almost missed out on my Naxx run. So Onyxia is cake as Disc, just try to avoid the big evil flame things, and the egg pits... I was low on hp near the end because I tried bursting her last 10k down, and accidentally got knocked into the back of the egg pit, and what was worse was my shadowfiend was down for 30 seconds, and I had 2.5k mana left, it was a real close call but I blew Power Infusion and with the holy nova glyph spammed my way to safety xD.

As Shadow the fight only lasted around 15 minutes, with no food buffs/ outside buffs other than my own, I was really conservative trying not to drop below 50% mana without having either dispersion or shadowfiend up. The key to doing this as shadow is having the Shield glyph so that you don't need to break out of sform to heal, I only had 1 point in imp VE too, with two points it may become easier. Another important thing is to have Dispersion and Shadowfiend on a rotation so that one comes up every 1 minute and 30 seconds.

After that I tried to find Azuregos and kill him but failed in my search.. Stupid dragon never spawned, although me + druid tank + ele shammy tried to do the World Dragon in Feralas, we had him easy then we accidentally got to close together and got chained sleeped. So we had the 15 minute debuff and watched another horde side group fail, Then we tried again and failed, because as Shadow + Ele + Feral we don't have a lot of AoE heals churning out, so then we unfortnuately watched the other group kill him.

The Druid in that group also did what I consider to be a world first , or very, very close to it, around January 10th ( the post recently got bumped on the Druid forums ) he posted asking whether Prophet Skeram was soloable, and was hit by a bunch of "no unless you have a lot of NR", I forgot what exact gear he was wearing but around January 16th in guild chat it just erupted with him saying YEEEESSSS etc. etc. he also downed Satura the same night. He had soloed ZG for weeks, and I think he soloed a few MC bosses but don't quote me on that ( well me and a Pally can 2 man so why can't he solo).

And that basically ends my first post on Priest soloing Pre-BC raids, If you've soloed any awesome Vanilla WoW bosses email me at
mattacu@y7mail.com

And I'll put you up on this, also if your reading this and like it, please spread the word about this blog, later I'll hopefully get some WoW time and can comment on Ulduar, because me commenting on it now from just reading forums isn't too good.


** Reserved for Priest ownage**

No comments:

Post a Comment